From Packard Bell Planet Wiki
The Legend 822CDT was a computer manufactured from July-December 1995. It is noteworthy in that it was one of the first Packard Bells to include Windows 95 pre-installed.
This was also Billy's first computer! :)
- Processor - 100MHz Pentium Processor
- Memory - 16MB, Upgradeable to 72MB
- Hard Drive - 1.2GB
- Graphics Chip - Cirrus Logic, 1MB Video Memory, upgradeable to 2MB
- Sound Card - Standard Packard Bell Sound/Modem Card
- Optical Drive - 4x Panasonic CR-581-B CD-ROM Drive (This will not play back CD-Rs)
- Optical Connection - IDE/Atapi
- Floppy Drives - 1x 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive
- Expansion Slots - Unknown
- Operating System - Windows 3.11/Windows 95
- Navigator Version - Navigator 3.0 (Windows 3.11)/Navigator 3.5 (Windows 95)
- Hard Drive Format Number - 556020 (Windows 95)
- Case Type - Mini-Tower
- Preinstalled Software - 1995/1996 Bundle
- Motherboard - PB600
- Price (If Known) - Unknown
- Packard Bell began manufacturing the Legend 822CDT in late June/early July of 1995.
- Was originally shipped with MS-DOS 6.20/Windows for Workgroups 3.11.
- Best Buy was an early advertiser for the computer and offered a free Windows 95 upgrade option.
- Other advertisers included Campo, Dillard's, and SoundTrack.
- The Legend 822CDT was one of the first Packard Bells to be pre-installed with Windows 95.
- The computer's serial number on the rear sticker began with N35 followed by 8 digits. When the default pre-loaded OS changed to Windows 95 in October 1995, the serial number changed to N45.
- The Legend 822CDT was sold in stores at least until February 1996 when its advertising campaign ended.
- The majority of Legend 822CDTs shipped with a PB600 motherboard. There are Hillary Board versions, but these are very rare.